Monday, February 13, 2006

Today was better...

My wonderful husband sent me some flowers today for Valentine's Day. Isn't he sweet?!

When the bus showed up this morning, I had to physically carry Daniel on again. However, once on the bus, he went directly to his seat and climbed in. Then he waved to Emma and me through the window - smiling and without tears.

Now I have two other problems to deal with - Daniel came home from school early on Friday because he had a fever and wasn't acting like himself. Friday night/Saturday morning his temp was 103/104. As long as I kept Tylenol and/or Motrin in him on Saturday the fever stayed down. I kept him home from church Sunday morning and he seemed fine (no fever all day). This afternoon I picked him up after school and his fever has come back tonight (102). In addition to the fever he pulls his legs up and cries - just like he used to do when his bladder infection would rear its ugly head. That's problem #1. I'm taking him to the pediatrician tomorrow morning to see what I can find out.

Now, problem #2 -- Emma...she's been fine until last night. She went to bed around 9:00pm and woke up crying about 10:30pm. I took her downstairs with me and she laid with me on the sofa until I went to bed about 11:30pm. She was still awake but went back to bed without complaining...and slept through the rest of the night. Today, she's been fine all day...we played, read books, she took a good 2 1/2 hour nap...all seemed fine. Until she got up from her nap. For 2 hours (off and on) she would just start crying for no apparent reason. She didn't eat much dinner but afterward she seemed fine...she has no fever and went to bed about 9:00pm without complaining. At about 11:15pm she started crying. Whenever I start to go check on her she settles down; hopefully she'll sleep comfortably the rest of the night. My plan is to take her to school tomorrow and just ask the pediatrician about it while I'm there with Daniel (it's just too difficult still to deal with both of them at the doctor's office at the same time). If they want to see her I'll see if I can take her in later in the day. Hopefully they'll say everything's fine with Daniel and I can take him to school - I'd hate for him to miss school on Valentine's Day.

It's now 11:30pm and all is quiet. I think I'll take advantage of that and try to get some sleep myself. I hope you each have a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I hope everything turns out ok with both of your kids. Let us know the outcome. Have a great valentine's day!

Unknown said...

MK,
Sounds like I'm not the only one getting little sleep at night! I guess once you're a parent, you give up your sleeping rights for awhile! I hope you had a nice quiet night full of peaceful sleep! I can't WAIT for those nights!
Good luck and let us know how it went!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Rachel