Monday, July 23, 2007
Friday, July 13, 2007
Now for the shoes . . .
The kids are finally putting their things away without being asked, not all the time, but at least it's a start. A few weeks ago Darrell bought one of those shoe organizers that hangs on the door. He hung it in the laundry room so we would have an out of the way place to put our everyday shoes. One of the first things the kids do when they walk into the house is take their shoes off. We are usually having to remind them not to leave them in the middle of the floor, but lately they've been good about putting them away. Yea!!!!! Well, we went to my parents' house last night for dinner. Before we left it was late enough that we put their pjs on so they could go straight to bed when we got home. I didn't realize until we got home that we left Daniel's shoes. When he took them off last night, he put them away in the only place he knew to put shoes away at Grammy & Papa's house - in Papa's closet. What a smart boy!!
Thursday, July 05, 2007
So, we had the big birthday party last Saturday for the kids. This year we decided to have just one party for both kids instead of trying to do two parties about a month apart. There were several reasons for choosing to have our one party at My Gym. Here are just a few:
1. Having one party saves on money! Besides, our guest list would've been about the same for each anyway.
2. People coming from out of town only have to plan one trip. (In other words, the family is more apt to come if they only have to come once.)
3. I didn't have to plan any games and the kids could play as loud as they wanted without having any adults tell them to quiet/settle down.
4. The kids can have fun playing hard and the adults don't have to stand in the hot sun to watch (and you don't have to change plans if it rains - although I'm glad we had a nice day).
5. I don't have to worry about whether the house is clean enough to have people over. More importantly, I don't have a mess to clean up when the party's over.
Here are a few pictures from the play time. Some of the time is organized games/activities and some of the time is free play. I've loaded a lot more pictures in the Harman Photo Gallery.
I think Maddie had a good time too - I know Grammy loved having a little one to hold for awhile. As you can see, it wasn't exactly easy to get everyone to stop long enough to get a group picture. So, we had to settle for the ones we could get.
Then it was time for some cake . . .
It was a lot of fun getting to see our friends and have some time to play together. We should all get together more often!! Thank you so much to all our friends for coming to our party and helping us celebrate our birthdays!!!!!