Friday, July 13, 2007

A Much Needed Break & Where Are Your Shoes?

The kids had a blast at their birthday party - they were so wiped out after all the fun!! In fact, that night Daniel slept in his clothes because he was too tired to change into his pjs when it was time for bed. Here's how they looked when I went in the next morning to get them up.

Last Monday (July 2) was my sister's birthday. Our gift to her was a little red-headed 3 year old girl (well, only for the week). She took Emma home with her. It was so nice to only have the boys for a few days (especially since one of those days was a holiday and I only had to deal with one child). Daniel didn't seem to miss Emma very much, I think he kinda liked being an only child; Emma liked being at Linda's as well. So much so that I would have let her stay another week except that she and Daniel both had camp this week. So we left last Friday to spend the weekend with Linda & Michael - and to bring Emma back home. However, we'll definitely have to do that again! Maybe next time Linda can take both kids for a week or two and then I'll take her girls for a week or two to give each other a much needed break!!

Now for the shoes . . .

The kids are finally putting their things away without being asked, not all the time, but at least it's a start. A few weeks ago Darrell bought one of those shoe organizers that hangs on the door. He hung it in the laundry room so we would have an out of the way place to put our everyday shoes. One of the first things the kids do when they walk into the house is take their shoes off. We are usually having to remind them not to leave them in the middle of the floor, but lately they've been good about putting them away. Yea!!!!! Well, we went to my parents' house last night for dinner. Before we left it was late enough that we put their pjs on so they could go straight to bed when we got home. I didn't realize until we got home that we left Daniel's shoes. When he took them off last night, he put them away in the only place he knew to put shoes away at Grammy & Papa's house - in Papa's closet. What a smart boy!!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

That's great that you got to spend some time with Daniel. I know he loved it!!! And, I love that he put his shoes up! HOW CUTE!!!

amy said...

love the pic of both of them on their beds before they woke up. emma is cracking me up 1/2way off her bed!

YEA daniel for putting his shoes up! they look cute next to all Papa's big shoes!

SC Rocks said...

YES...we will definitely work out something for next year to share the joy of our kids!

Unknown said...

that is so cute! i can't imagine my two being so tired that they can sleep like that on their beds! I guess one day it will happen. Yea for Daniel! Such a big helper now(when he wants to I'm sure!).
I would love to hang out when the kids start back at MMO. They will be going tues/thurs this year, so we will def. have to get together. by the way, what is MOPS?

Jennifer said...

I love it!! I'm still reminding mine to put stuff away...I don't think I will ever stop!
I think that's a great idea to trade weeks with Linda. I know I need a break sometimes, but I think they get to the point where they need a break from me too. I can't imagine why, LOL. They are both adorable!!

Bridget said...

Those morning pics are too precious!

Love the shoes story...I wish mine would pick up on their own....I am jealous!

Mother of the Year said...

That is so funny!!!! Does Emma regularly sleep falling off her bed?

Unknown said...

I hope that Jeff doesn't read this about the shoe rack near the door! He is forever putting my shoes away for me b/c I leave them out everywhere. Guess I'll have my own battles soon enough b/c Jonathan loves to take his off right inside the door as well. Poor Jeff!!!