Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Today is one of my favorite holidays. Part of the reason I like it so much is because there are Irish roots in my family. I guess it's also because we lived in Dublin OH for awhile and it was a big deal there. Do you know the story of St Patrick? The short version is that Patrick is the one who brought Christianity to Ireland. He was thought to have died on March 17th sometime between 463AD and 493AD. I made sure we all wore green today so we wouldn't get pinched (I know the kids don't understand that now, but they may thank me for it one day).

Daniel received his progress report today - can you believe there are only 9 weeks of school left this year?! Time sure does fly! We're hoping to make a few trips sometime over the next few months to visit family and friends. Let us know what your schedules look like and maybe we can work out a visit.

Once again just wanted to wish everyone a Happy St Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MK-
I didn't know your email address, so I figured you'd get this comment. We are actually looking in houses in your neighborhood-even at the house next door, but I'm not so sure about the neighbors on the other side!
And yes, we will definitely have to get together for a playdate, although there won't be much playing from my two! It would be fun though!
-Rachel

Meredith said...

MK
I saw your blog on the Wileys! It's so neat to see Daniel and Emma grow so big!!!
Meredith