Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Reading - Day 1

Believe it our not, we actually have our Christmas tree up and decorated, and it's only the first day of December!! We still have a few things to put out but we're pretty close to being finished with our Christmas decorating for the year!! Woo-hoo!!!! The kids helped decorate the tree. They feel that the ornaments should be placed all together (on the same branch or two) and only on those closest to the bottom of the tree (of course that's about as high as they can reach without tipping the tree over). Here are some pictures to show their placement of decorations...


And here's a picture of the final project . . .


The next item on the list is to take our picture for our Christmas card. For those of you who normally receive a Christmas card from us, you know that they usually don't get mailed until about a day or two before Christmas, if not actually a day or two after Christmas; if at all. Every year I say we're going to get them done early, but that never seems to happen. I am determined to have everything done early this year so we can sit back, relax and enjoy visiting with family and friends.

At our MOPS group meeting a few weeks ago, someone suggested reading a different Christmas story each day in December, leading up to Christmas. I thought I'd give it a try. So, of course I wasn't even home tonight for our first story so my mom read to the kids. I have a book called "The Golden Christmas Book" from when I was a very young child (yes, they had books in print when I was very young).
Anyway, this book has stories, songs, poems and riddles for Christmas. My mom said they read several pages from the book tonight, but the kids weren't too interested in the "Pegasus and the Star" story.
If anyone out there is interested in doing this with us, please let us know. I'll try to post what story we're going to read each night and if anyone has any suggestions for good Christmas stories, feel free to let me know. I had really planned to start with the true Christmas story, but forgot to say anything to my mom, so we'll probably read about Christ's birth tomorrow night.
Stay tuned for more!

No comments: