Monday, August 14, 2006

First Day of School

Daniel started back to school today. Although he usually comes into our bedroom around 5:30 or 6am every morning, I had to wake him up to get him ready for school today. This year his bus will pick him up just after 7:30am (instead of the 9am time from last year) so I guess I'll have to get back into a routine of getting up early.



Before he would go look for the bus, he wanted to call Grammy. Once the bus arrived, he hopped right on and left without a tear. As you can see from his paper, he had a great day at school today! I'm sure this year will be full of great days at school.



5 comments:

Bridget said...

He is such a big boy! I am glad his first day went well. We miss you guys!

Mother of the Year said...

I'm teary at the pictures. Gee, I'm so teary lately you'd think I was pregnant - BUT I AM NOT!

amy said...

what a relief for you that he got onto the bus so easily. YEA Daniel!! the pictures are great!

Cindy said...

That is so great Mary Kay!

I never want my kids to go to school. I don't think I could put them on a bus and have it drive away.

Meredith said...

That's great that he had such a good first day! I hope the rest of the year is just as enjoyable! :)